Who We Are:
Inclusion Support Teachers collaborate with school teams to support the successful inclusion of all students.
What We Do:
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans as ongoing, effective communication tools.
- Administer learning and behavioural assessments.
- Help to select appropriate materials and equipment to support the needs of students.
- Assist classroom teachers with adaptations and modifications to meet the diverse needs of all students in an inclusive environment.
- Provide in-service and professional development at the school and district level.
- Work collaboratively with teams to design appropriate behaviour and safety plans.
- Connect school teams and students to Provincial Outreach Programs, including POPARD (Autism Outreach), POPFASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum) and PIOP (Inclusion Outreach)
- Help to facilitate communication among classroom teachers, special education teachers, paraeducators, administrators and other support personnel.
- Support with student transitions (into kindergarten, between classes and schools, and into the community or post-secondary institution).
- Work to enhance and support planned parental involvement.
- Assist schools and the District with Ministry data collection (1701 special education data).
How to Access Service?
Ask student’s case manager or school-based team to request service.